Sunday, July 13, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

This past weekend I was able to visit Jessie while in Vegas and it was an amazing weekend. My dad and I left on Wednesday and drove as far as Cedar City. On the trip down I read the 7th Harry Potter book and absolutely loved it! When we reached St. George on Thursday we got ready to go to the temple and do a session before heading to Las Vegas. We reached the door and saw that it was closed so we packed up and headed to the Las Vegas Temple. It was such a good experience to return to the temple after almost 2 years. The Spirit was so strong and I felt such peace while there. As we left the Temple and headed through Vegas a different spirit was felt. As fun as Vegas is, if Jessie wasn't there I don't think I would have gone. However, I got to see Jessie on Thursday and we had a blast for the rest of the weekend. We went out to eat and visited the Strip on Thursday night. We went to M&M world and Coke world and then we made a little stop before calling it a night.......................... :)

Friday morning I got ready for the day and then waited until I could see Jessie after she was done teaching. We picked her up around 4:00 and headed straight to the Bellagio Buffet. It was incredible and I LOVED the food that we ate. They have an incredible dessert buffet and Jessie and I ended up getting 7 or 8 different desserts that we wanted to try. We had cheesecake, carrot cake, raspberry mousse, peanut butter bar, chocolate hazlenut cake, caramel flan, and then some more that I can't remember. We then saw the movie Hancock which was weird but actually pretty entertaining. Saturday we went to the outlet mall and helped me get some clothes so that I can look normal now that I am home. I then had to say goodbye to Jessie but I will be seeing her again on Wednesday! It was a very fun trip, but I hope that my trips with Jessie take me to other places besides Vegas. :)

4 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

LOVE the picture outside the wedding chapel:) You two are hilarious!!!

Stacie said...

You guys are so funny!! It's so great to see you together again. Thanks for letting me know so late that you have a blog. :)

Chandie said...

Oh I love that pic in front of the wedding chapel! I'm glad you got to go down there! You guys are so cute and I'm excited for October 11th!!!!

Penelope Lolohea said...

Hehe...the picture in front of the wedding chapel was a cute call!